State Agencies | Online Services  
En Español
Twitter Youtube Facebook Blog

Online support available
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Click here to get help!
secondary navigation bar logon help print search glossary contact e-account
OhioBWC - Common:  Ombuds

About the Ombuds Office

If you are not able to resolve your complaint with BWC or the Industrial Commission of Ohio, contact the Ombuds Office between 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Phone: 1-800-335-0996
Fax: 877-321-9481

30 W. Spring St., first floor
Columbus, OH 43215-2256

615 W. Superior Ave., sixth floor
Cleveland, OH 43113-1889

What is the Ombuds office?
We are a problem-solving service, independent of BWC and the Industrial Commission of Ohio (IC), which answers complaints and general inquiries about Ohio’s workers’ compensation system.

The Chief Ombuds Officer prepares an annual report, which contains the number, type and outcomes of the complaints handled by this office. The report also includes a list of recommendations, which if implemented will reduce future complaints and improve the quality of service for:

  • Employers and their representatives;
  • Injured workers and their representatives.

Click on the links below to view recent reports.
2015 Annual Report | 2014 Annual Report | 2012 Annual Report | 2011 Annual Report |

How can the Ombuds office help me?
If you don’t understand something or are not satisfied after working with BWC and/or the IC, our office can work with you in an attempt to resolve your complaint.

What can’t the Ombuds office do for me?
We can’t represent an injured worker or employer in court or at an IC hearing. In addition, we can’t give legal advice nor give an opinion on a BWC or IC hearing order.

When should I call the Ombuds office?
Call our office when you have exhausted all other resources or more information is needed and you don’t know where to turn. You may also contact us if you aren’t satisfied with BWC or IC services, and you have an emergency that requires immediate action. When you call, please have your BWC claim/policy number or your Social Security number available.