OhioBWC - Worker: Injured worker Pledge of Service
Injured workers' rights
Anyone who suffers a work-related injury in Ohio deserves to be treated fairly by BWC employees
and to promptly receive the benefits to which he or she is entitled. BWC believes every employee
injured at work should receive appropriate and coordinated care with a goal of returning to work and
quality of life.
As an injured worker in Ohio, you have the right:
- To workers¹ compensation benefits if you sustain a work-related injury or contract
an occupational disease;
- To quick access to high-quality health care from any BWC-certified
health-care provider you choose;
- To have your approved medical bills paid and not to be billed an
- To expect prompt, professional and courteous customer service from all
- To access your records either in person or online;
- To receive timely payments for the allowed conditions in your claim;
- To be considered for all benefits and rehabilitation services for
which you may be eligible;
- To a quality independent medical examination when required in your
- To appeal a decision made in your claim to BWC, the MCO or the
- To represent yourself or hire a lawyer at your own expense.
BWC is here to help. You can reach BWC customer service at 1-800-644-6292 or by calling one of our local claims offices.
Injured worker home page