Your claims service specialist (CSS), managed care organization (MCO) and employer all want to help you return to work as soon as possible.
- Tell your assigned CSS and your employer the day you plan to return to work after any disability period off work.
- Notify your assigned CSS if you return to work with a different employer after the injury.
- If your treating physician releases you to return to light duty or full duty work, this does NOT mean your medical treatment
- In some situations your medical provider may not release you to return to work in a full duty capacity. However,
you are expected to return to work in a restricted capacity with your employer if the treating medical doctor releases
you to return to work with restrictions, and your employer has work available within these restrictions.
- You could be entitled to some compensation if the treating medical doctor releases you to return to work with restrictions
and there is a loss of wages.
- Communicate any concerns of working restricted duty with your CSS, MCO and/or your physician of record.
- You may be referred to a rehabilitation program to help facilitate returning you to light duty and/or full duty work.