For immediate release: June 9, 2014
BWC service office opening June 16 at Hoover District site
The Hoover District site will soon become the new location for the area's Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) Service
Office. The office, located at 339 E. Maple Street in North Canton, will house approximately 100 employees serving Canton area
employers and injured workers beginning Monday, June 16.
BWC was informed last year that the owner of Cornerstone II, the building which has housed the Canton Service Office since
1994, sold the building to Stark State College. BWC later opted to relocate to the Hoover site.
"We knew early on that we wanted to stay in the Canton area," said BWC Administrator/CEO Steve Buehrer. "The Hoover District
site offers a number of advantages for the injured workers and local businesses we serve. We anticipate a seamless transition
and look forward to serving our customers in this new location."
The Hoover District refers to the former headquarters and manufacturing site for Hoover. The site is currently being
refurbished to house multiple tenants. Buehrer pointed to a number of benefits that led to its selection, including:
BWC Service Offices provide a local option for injured workers to manage their claims, and for businesses seeking safety
training or assistance with their workers' compensation policies.
- A location only six miles north of the current office
- A configuration that allows all employees to be situated on the same floor
- Easy customer access
- Ample space to host employer training
- The same rental rate per square foot as BWC's current location
- A more efficient layout, which allows BWC to save approximately $100,000 annually by reducing the overall square footage
Follow BWC on Twitter.
# # #