OhioBWC - Employer: (Division of Safety & Hygiene) - services
Division of Safety & Hygiene services
The most valuable asset your organization has is its employees. By improving
safety and preventing incidents, you can protect your work force while reducing
your workers' compensation costs.
If you are an employer participating in Ohio's exclusive workers'
compensation system, BWC's Division of Safety & Hygiene (DSH) can meet all your needs
and at no direct cost to you.
- DSH provides a broad spectrum of services including
technical support, library services,
educational services and
- Additional resources include our
Ohio Safety Congress & Expo, the largest regional safety and health exhibition in the United States
and the Ohio safety councils, which provide
a forum for occupational safety and health information in local communities.
- Financial resources are available through the
SafetyGRANT$ program, which provides matching safety intervention grants to eligible employers
for the purchase of equipment that may substantially reduce or eliminate workplace injuries
- The OSHA On-Site Consultation Program
provides consultation services to small employers in high-hazard industries.
- Employer management services blend traditional risk and safety management approaches to
controlling workers' compensation costs. Employer management services is dedicated to working
with employers to prevent workplace injury and illness claims and to control claims costs
if they do occur. Click here for more
information about safety management services.
- Your workers' compensation premium includes the cost of our services. As a result, you invest your
safety dollars in prevention.
- The Ohio legislature established DSH as a consultative service to inform, educate
and assist employers in loss-prevention activities.
- The Public Employment Risk Reduction Program (PERRP)
offers safety and health consultation services to public employers.
In relation to the above activities, DSH does not engage in enforcement of local or federal
So, contact us today
to reduce injuries, illnesses, and costs because SAFETY WORKS FOR