OhioBWC - Basics:  Compensation Payment Methods

Compensation payment methods

If you have a claim in an allowed status, you may choose to have your compensation and/or travel payments deposited directly into your personal account. Or you may enroll in our debit card program provided by Key Bank. Our policy is that all payment disbursements are deposited electronically unless there's an extenuating circumstance or you do not have a Social Security number.

  • Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - If you have a claim with BWC, your compensation payment is automatically transferred to your financial institution. Just click here to apply for this direct deposit service.
  • Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) - Without a personal banking account BWC will issue you a debit card, and your compensation payment will automatically be transferred to a debit card account. Just click here to apply for this debit card service.
  • Regular paper warrant - We will mail your first compensation payment to your designated locale via the regular U.S. mail service along with a letter regarding direct deposit. Unless you provide your personal banking info, we will set you up for an EBT debit card account.

All compensation payments you are to receive from BWC are eligible and if you have a personal checking or savings account your compensation payments can be deposited directly into your account.

If you don't have a personal bank account, BWC will systematically enroll you in the debit card service after your first check is issued. EBT debit card provides 24-hour access anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

Just think, no more waiting in line or wondering if the check is in the mail.

Safe - Convenient - Reliable.

For more information about BWC’s compensation payment programs, contact your local customer service office, or call 1-800-644-6292, and follow the options.

Are you changing your financial accounts from one institution to another? Please let us know; just click here to submit a direct deposit change form. Please complete the form and return it to us to update your payment records.