OhioBWC - Home: Current News
For immediate release: February 17, 2016
BWC to host first annual Medical & Health Symposium
COLUMBUS - Physicians, chiropractors, clinicians and others involved in the care of injured workers are invited to attend the Ohio Bureau of Workers'
Compensation (BWC) first ever Medical and Health Symposium.
Health-care providers can earn free continuing education credits and participate in a combination of lectures and interactive panel discussions featuring leading
national and state experts covering best practices related to the care of injured workers. The event runs in conjunction with BWC-s annual Ohio Safety
Congress and Expo, March 10 - 11 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, 400 N. High St., Columbus.
The symposium offers sessions in pain and injury (neuromusculoskeletal) management, both areas that significantly impact the management of care and treatment for
injured workers. Attendees will learn about the topics listed below.
Free continuing education credits are available to the following licensed health-care professionals:
- Opioid and non-opioid prescribing guidelines
- Challenges of managing addiction
- Therapeutic advancements in the practice of pain management
- Complexity of urinary drug testing
- Multi-disciplinary coordination of care plan
- Proper use of imaging in patient care
- Treatment of occupationally-related knee injuries
- Ethical and special considerations in pain management
Health-care providers can register for the Medical and Health Symposium at http://ow.ly/YfRSB. The symposium is also open to any others interested in the topics
of pain and injury (neuromusculoskeletal) management.
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
- Professions that recognize CEUs awarded by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training
BWC annually hosts the Safety Congress and Expo, the largest regional
safety and health conference in the U.S., to help Ohio employers prevent workplace injuries and achieve better outcomes for injured workers. OSC16 offers
more than 200 educational sessions, 225 exhibitors and free continuing education credits.
Follow BWC on Twitter.
# # #