OhioBWC - Home: Current News
For immediate release: January 8, 2015
Register now for the 2015 Ohio Safety Congress & Expo
COLUMBUS - Registration is now open for the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) 2015 Safety Congress and Expo (OSC15), which will take
place March 31 to April 2 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. BWC annually hosts the largest regional safety and health conference in
the U.S. to help Ohio employers prevent workplace injuries and achieve better outcomes for injured workers. There is no cost for Ohio employers
and their employees to attend the event, which last year attracted more than 6,000 from across Ohio. College students participating in a
degree that involves occupational health and safety may also attend for free.
"The theme this year is Imagine, Innovate and Inspire, words to encourage a workplace culture that revolves around safety," said BWC
Administrator/CEO Steve Buehrer. "This yearâ€™s congress offers employers the opportunity to share and hear innovative ways to make their
employees' jobs safer and inspire success in safety."
New offerings at OSC15 include:
OSC15 offers several professional certifications for:
- Educational tracks for physicians and environmental specialists;
- Certified medical education for physicians and medical providers;
- Audio recordings of most popular sessions available after OSC15; and,
- Cash awards for top contenders in Safety Innovations Competition.
Register and search for sessions of interest here.
- Safety professionals, industrial hygienists and ergonomists
- Registered nurses
- Claims managers
- Disability managers
- Rehabilitation counselors
- Other professions which accept IACET CEUs for certification maintenance
You will need a workers' compensation policy number to register. Students can call 1-800-644-6292 to register.
Follow Safety Congress on Twitter: @OhioBWC #OSC15.
Follow BWC on Twitter.
# # #