OhioBWC - Home: Current News
Do you receive BWC benefits via debit card?
Look for a new Key Bank card starting Aug. 18
BWC benefit recipients who choose to receive electronic benefits transfer (EBT) payments via debit card will soon get a new bank. Starting next month, Key Bank will replace JP Morgan Chase as BWC's
new EBT debit card program manager.
The Chase VISA® card will remain active for benefit recipients until they draw down their balance to zero. However, BWC will no longer deposit funds to that card after Aug. 27.
BWC first informed recipients about this change via individual letters in June. We will follow up with additional reminders by mail.
What this change means for benefit recipients
- BWC will make the first deposit to the new Key2Benefits MasterCard® on Aug. 28.
- We are urging benefit recipients to draw down the remaining balance on their current Chase VISA® card. They cannot transfer funds from the Chase VISA® card to the new Key2Benefits MasterCard®.
- Recipients will receive their new Key2Benefits MasterCard® debit card in a welcome packet from Key Bank starting Aug. 18.
- Again, benefit recipients should NOT discard the current Chase VISA® card when they receive the new Key Bank card. The Chase VISA® card will remain active until they draw down their balance to zero.
However, BWC will no longer deposit funds to that card after Aug. 27.
Direct deposit payments also an option
Benefit recipients who no longer wish to receive EBT payments may sign up for direct deposit by:
Benefit recipients wishing to continue EBT payments via their Key2Benefits MasterCard® can look forward to familiar services.
The Key Bank welcome packet will contain the Key2Benefits MasterCard® as well as lots of useful information for benefit recipients. It will include the card carrier information, frequently asked questions
and details about Key Bank's customer service and online banking options.
- Online banking services at www.key2benefits.com
- 24/7 U.S.-based customer service
- The Allpoint ATM network with 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide
- Unlimited counter withdrawals at any MasterCard® bank
- Greater access as MasterCard® is accepted worldwide
Please call BWC's toll-free customer service line at 1-800-644-6292.