State contractor status allows you to look up whether individual construction contractors and subcontractors have submitted an application for a drug-free workplace program. Construction contractors and subcontractors must do this to bid on a state-fund construction contract or work a state-fund construction site.
The database includes applications BWC has received from construction contractors or subcontractors to participate in BWCs drug-free program.
- BWC policy number OR
- Federal tax identification number OR
- Social Security number for a sole proprietor
Approved - a construction contractor or subcontractor has submitted an application to participate in a BWC drug-free program or to operate a program that is comparable.
- BWC has processed the application.
- The employer has valid, current workers compensation coverage.
Not approved - a construction contractor or subcontractor has submitted an application to participate in a BWC drug-free program or to operate a program comparable.
- BWC has processed the application from date of receipt.
- The employer does not have valid, current workers compensation coverage (lapsed coverage status).
Application not received - a construction contractor or subcontractor has not submitted an application to participate in BWC's drug-free program OR:
- There has been insufficient time from completing the application online, mailing or faxing the application for BWC to process it; OR
- The workers compensation policy number or federal tax identification number has been entered incorrectly; OR
- The contractor or subcontractor has not checked the box or indicated in any other way that the application was submitted for a state-fund construction contract.
You will get the best results using an employers workers compensation policy number, federal tax identification number or Social Security number. No two employers have the same number.
You can conduct your search by employer name. However, you must enter the exact name the employer has submitted for workers compensation coverage.
If you have questions about an application, call BWC at 1-800-644-6292, and follow the options.