The backbone of a successful business is its workers, and the backbone of Ohio is its workforce. At BWC, we take our mission to take care of Ohio's workforce seriously.
That's why we're offering Better You, Better Ohio! - a program designed to provide health and wellness resources and services to workers who work for small employers (50 or fewer workers)
in high-risk industries*. Better You, Better Ohio! is designed to help both, workers and their employers at no cost and through a simple, paperless process.
Ready to start your journey to better health and enroll in the program? Visit the Better You, Better Ohio! enrollment page to request enrollment or sign up.
How it helps employers
Employers can reap great benefits from having a healthy workforce. Healthy employees are less prone to injury. And, when they are injured, their ability to recover is enhanced greatly.
Overall, employers with a healthy workforce have lower workers' compensation and health-care costs. Better You, Better Ohio! can:
- Help prevent injuries through improved workforce health and safety;
- Reduce absenteeism and improve presenteeism;
- Reduce the severity of an injury;
- Improve the recovery time from an injury;
- Reduce time away from work due to an injury.
How it helps Ohio's workforce
Better You, Better Ohio! gives workers a wealth of resources to help them take ownership of their health and well-being. They can proactively pursue a healthier lifestyle through free:
- Health and wellness awareness, education and training;
- Health assessments and biometric screenings for better understanding of their health and well-being;
- A member engagement website that allows them to develop health plans and track their progress to achieve their health goals;
- A state-of-the art mobile app for creating weekly action plans and getting health tips;
- Digital coaching to help them on their journey to better health.
Better health pays off
Employers can use Better You, Better Ohio! to help manage and reduce their workers' compensation and health-care costs by having a healthier workforce. Meanwhile, workers can earn financial
rewards for taking steps to improve their health and wellness such as completing a health assessment and a biometric screening.
Have questions about the program? Send them to our Better You, Better Ohio! email box. We're here to help make Ohio's workforce healthy and safe.
*Agriculture; automotive repair and service; construction; firefighters; health care; manufacturing; police and public safety; public employers; restaurant and food service; transportation and trucking;
trash collection; wholesale and retail