Self-insuring employers should visit this page regularly. Here you'll find the latest information about
topics that impact your company's workers' compensation program.
BWC seeks your comments and feedback on the attached proposed pharmacy rules and formulary
We have completed a review of Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) 4123-6-21 - payment for outpatient medication;
OAC 4123-6-21.1 - payment for outpatient medication by self-insuring employer; and
the appendix to OAC 4123-6-21.3, which is the formulary. We have included the rule for
OAC 4123-6-21.3 for your information. Per the review, we are proposing changes.
How to submit your feedback
- We have created an email box for you to provide your feedback. Please submit your comments to: ProviderFeedBack@bwc.state.oh.us. Please include contact information with your name, phone number, email address and practice and/or specialty,
- We will accept comments through Sept. 14, 2016.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Quarterly workshops coming soon!
Topics to include (but not limited to): C-256s, House Bill 207 and how BWC’s fraud department can assist self-insuring employers. Upcoming dates are:
- Sept. 20, 2016 (Columbus)
- Sept. 22, 2016 (Cleveland)
- Oct. 4, 2016 (Cincinnati)
Look for the registration email coming your way soon!
On Oct. 1, BWC, along with the rest of the nation, implemented the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10). This means Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA)-compliant providers do not need to make special accommodations for their patients with a workers’ compensation claim resulting in uninterrupted
services for your employees. Visit our ICD-10 implementation page for more details.
2015 assessments update
BWC evaluates the self-insured assessment rates annually to make sure there is a minimum balance, and to guarantee payments of claims against the various funds. We have listed the
2015 rates on our assessments page.
As a reminder, you can pay your assessments in several ways. Your options include:
Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation
- Online with a credit card or bank routing number;
- Mailing a check with your invoice (using regular mail) – send to the P.O. box listed on the invoice;
- Effective May 22, 2015: Overnight mailing of a check with your invoice (using overnight mail) to the address below:
ATTN: Lockbox 89492
4910 Tiedeman Road
Cleveland, OH 44144
Is your information up to date?
To ensure you receive important correspondence from us, please make sure your contact and demographic information is up to date.
Please note: This updates your corporate contact only. If you need to update the Ohio Administrator contact for your policy, please send an email to email@example.com
You can review or update your information by clicking here.