Our ergonomics consulting services focus on reducing the potential for strains and sprains due to lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying tasks, cumulative trauma disorders due to repetitive, hand-intensive work
and awkward work postures and other work-related musculoskeletal disorders. In addition to making jobs safer and less physically stressful, ergonomic improvements often help to boost productivity, quality and
Following is a list of some of the ergonomics services that we typically provide.
- Operational assessments – Assessments of specific operations or selected jobs can be provided to assist in the development of ergonomic improvement opportunities.
- Safety management assessment – A review of safety management documentation and practices allows our consultants
to provide tools, resources and advice on how to develop or enhance your systems and strategies for managing safety
- Project facilitation – Our consultants can facilitate team meetings to help with the implementation of ergonomic
- On-site training - After performing an assessment at your facility, we can assist in the development of training and awareness programs which are tailored to your specific operations and needs.
- Process development - We can help to facilitate meetings or simply consult with you in the development of a written ergonomics process.
- Return-to-work consultations – We can assist in identifying ergonomic modifications that may facilitate a successful return-to-work by injured workers.
To find out more about how these services can benefit you, contact your local customer service office or simply
request consulting services online.
To make a request online, you must be an Ohio employer with active coverage. The only information we require is your name, BWC policy number, business telephone number and the ZIP code of the location
where you need the consulting services. After you’ve submitted your request, an ergonomics consultant will contact you within two business days.
Ergonomics Resources Guide for Various Industries
Ergonomics tools and resources
Safety Grant Best Practices
Ergonomics Internet resources
Ergonomics Best Practices for the Construction Industry
Ergonomics Best Practices for Extended-Care Facilities
Ergonomics Best Practices for Manufacturing
Ergonomics Best Practices for the Plastics Industry
Ergonomics Best Practices for Public Employers